Our Salvage guide for damaged, broken and write-offs will outline how to sell your car for salvage with our specialist team of salvage buyers.
Find out more on the process below!
Table of Contents
What Is The Difference Between Scrap And Salvage?
Salvage vehicles are typically aged 2012 and earlier and carry a higher value than scrap as they can be salvaged for parts.
Scrap Vehicles, otherwise known as Cat A vehicles, are classed as ELVs (end-of-life vehicles) which can only be crushed for their metal waste.
Whether your vehicle is scrap or salvage, you can sell both to us hassle-free.
The category of write-off will affect the price offered. To find out more on insurance write-off categories view our complete guide.
How Do I Remove A Private Reg On My Car?
To remove and keep your private reg, visit the official GOV.UK website to update your records with the DVLA.
You will then need to fill out a V317 form to apply and place your Reg plate on retention.
Selliing Your Write Off With Us
The critical steps to removing insurance write off are:
- Send your logbook to your insurance provider. Remove and keep the yellow section called ‘’Selling, Transferring, or Part Exchange this vehicle to a Motor Trader’’ from your logbook before you send it.
- Contact the DVLA informing them the vehicle has been written off.
- Contact our salvage buying team to receive a guaranteed price for your damaged, broken or faulty car.
Can I Sell My Car Even if I have outstanding Finance?
We can still buy your car with outstanding finance!
Once you receive our offer, you need to notify your finance company.
- Check whether they are happy to accept the offer on your vehicle against the total amount owed.
- We require permission in writing to salvage your car!
Once granted, you will pay off the remaining finance to your finance company. They will provide all terms and conditions.
- The bank account details of your finance company with a reference number are attached.
- An email or letter from your finance company stating they will release all interest of the vehicle.
Our expert team is on hand to guide you through the process. Give us a call on 01706 577574 for further assistance.
How Can I Get The Best Price For My Car?
Once you fill in our form, our team of salvage car buyers will contact you about the availability of the vehicle and quote you a guaranteed price.
For the best quote, we recommend you provide us with additional images of your vehicle, which will allow our team to accurately assess the condition and value of your damaged or broken car.
You can do so via WhatsApp or email.
How Do I Send Images Of My Vehicle?
You can send photos of your vehicle via email or our WhatsApp number.
We recommend you take a mixture of exterior and interior snapshots as this will help our team of salvage buyers determine an accurate valuation.
What If My Salvage Vehicle Is In Storage?
If your vehicle is in storage, we can still collect it from our transport team.
This may come with additional collection fees depending on where it’s stored.
Please let us know of any issues by contacting our salvage buying team.
We hope you understand how our process for buying a range of salvage vehicles.
Don’t hesistate to contact the team, quoting your vehicle reg and postcode as reference for further assitance.
Thank you for making an enquiry for your salvage vehicle with Scrap Local!